Nitecore NU05 Headlamp

I won this little headlamp on Nitecore's Facebook page, and intended for using it with my Project Jonah Marine Mammal Medic kit.

As it was given to me by the manufacturer, there were no considerations regarding getting this flashlight, however this review is no way influenced by the fact that this was provided to me at no cost.

The verdict:

This is one bright little light, and fun to use.  A single button in the centre selects modes:
  • White constant and slow blink
  • Red slow and fast blinks
Being USB rechargeable, it meant that I'd be able to recharge it almost anywhere there was a mobile phone charger.  The package came with a charging cable, headband and bike mount.

Being IP66 rated, it wasn't waterproof enough for my intended use, as rescuing whales and dolphins usually required me to be in water up to neck deep for many hours, but would be ideal to add to my kit for shore based activities, like directing traffic and crowd control.

The clip on the back would fit nicely onto MOLLE webbing, although I had attached mine onto a lanyard.  Not a great idea, as I lost it after a few months. Bugger.


Comments